Kalahari Self Drive Safaris
The Kalahari offers a great variety of wildlife and adventure combined. Planning your Self Drive Kalahari Safari is of great importance.
Guidelines for Self Drive Safaris
- Recommended to travel min 2 vehicles at a time
- Communication between vehicles are recommended – radio’s
- Satelite phone are recommended for emergencies
- Familiarize yourself with your vehicle & equipment
- Plan your fuel consumption considering the 4 x 4 tracks
- Plan your water supply
- Spares and spare wheels
- Efficient medical kit
- Make sure that you have reservations for the parks and campsites and that all is pre – paid before departure
- Safety in the parks at your camps are of essence
- Please remove all rubbish and burning logs from camps
- No food to be stored in tents
- No sleeping outside of tents
- Decent maps and GPS is recommended
You can plan and design your Self Drive Kalahari Safari with the help of local knowledge and experience.
Self Drive Kalahari Safari Options
- Do it yourself
- Rent a local guide
- Rent a local guided vehicle
- Join an organized Self Drive Safari
You are welcome to contact us for advice and recommendations on your Kalahari Self Drive Safari!