Mabuasehube Game Reserve
The Mabuasehube Game Reserve is located in the Kalahari Desert covering an area of almost 2,000 sq. km. The unforgiving semi – desert terrain is characterized by high red dunes and scattered vegetation. In 1992 the reserve was incorporated into the Gemsbok National Park, and in 2000 it was also integrated into the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park. Mabuasehube offers a true wild experience to all visitors as the camp sites have no fences to keep predators out.
There are a number of camp sites each overlooking pans in the Mabuasehube section of the park. These camp sites are situated at Mabuasehube, Lesholoago, Khiding, Mpaathutlwa, Monamodi and Bosobogolo Pans have rustic latrines, showers and shade shelters. There is also a camping ground with an ablution block just inside the entrance.One needs to prepare to take all your water, food and fuel supplies along when visiting Mabuasehube. The think sandy roads demands higher Fuel Consumption than normal, so please ensure that you have enough Fuel when visiting the wild side of the Kgalagadi namely Mabuasehube.
When entering Mabuasehube from within the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park, you will have to go through the Botswana Immigration Checkpoint at Twee Rivieren if you are planning to exit the park through Botswana. If you are not planning to exit the park in Botswana and want to return via Twee Rivieren , you don’t need a passport at this control point. Make sure that you have a copy of your reservation and a copy of the proof of payment when you plan to enter mabuasehube.
Facilities at Camp sites
- Entrance Camp (with ablution block)
- Mabuasehube Pan (rustic showers, pit latrines, shade structures)
- Lesholoago Pan (rustic showers, pit latrines, shade structures)
- Mpaathutlwa Pan (rustic showers, pit latrines, shade structures)
- Monamodi Pans (rustic showers, pit latrines, shade structures)
- Bosobogolo Pan (shower shelters – bring own water, pit latrines, shade structures)
- Khiding Pan (shower shelters – bring own water, pit latrines, shade structures)
- Kaa (rustic shower, pit latrine)